Monday, April 23, 2007

Our last lab of the semester

Giving an injection to my dummie


Jessie assaulting me with the dummie!!






Drawing my medication from a vial

Practicing injections on the hot dog!!








Inserting an NG tube into the dummie- up the nose, down the esophagus & into the stomach





We had a fun afternoon in lab! We inserted NG (nasogastric) tubes into our dummies. I also finally took pictures of practicing injections! We learned how to give them awhile ago and I have already given one to a real patient!! Today was our last lab for the semester so enjoy these pictures cause this is it till fall....although, I don't know how my new instructor will feel about taking pictures during lab...we'll see :) I learned so much this semester in lab- bed making, bed baths, enemas, injections, wound care, PO meds and many other things! It has been amazing.

3 comments:

Todd said...

Is that all-beef?

Unknown said...

You bet it is.

karissa said...

Love it-keep trucking!