Monday, April 16, 2007

The CMT's!!!!

Me and Rebecca getting ready to head over to the show!!


Me sitting in one of the seats that Rascal Flatts sat in! It's not much but it's something!



The boys from Rascal Flatts accepting an award!
The CMT awards were AMAZING!!! From the beginning...
3:00-6:00 Standing in line to get into the mosh area. All the limos were going down the hill we were on to drop of whoever they were driving on the red carpet. It was hard to see in the tinted windows but I know for a fact that Taylor Swift, Leann Rimes and Kelly Pickler drove by.
6:00-7:00 Found the best spot we could and ended up right in front of the main stage area where everyone accepted their awards. Rascal Flatts also made their way down to this part of the stage during their opening performance. Closer to 6:45 the celebrities made their way into the event center and then the show started right on time.
7:00-9:30 The show! I saw performances by Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Toby Keith, Martina McBride, Hank Williams Jr., Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood and others. Everyone sounded incredible! During commercials I was seriously going insane because we were about 20 feet away from Rascal Flatts...so close yet so far. It was truly painful.
10:00 Rebecca and I, with high hopes went to where the celebrity after party was being held. No surprise...we did not get in! At least we can say we tried :)
It was an awesome night and I still can't believe that I got to go!!! Hope you enjoy the pictures. They are cell phone pics so obviously not the best quality!

8 comments:

Mom said...

Amazing! What a great experience. Bet it is hard to go back to being a nursing student today. Loved the pics.

Jon Sween said...

Oh my word did you have a fun time. You get to do such fun things. Can't wait to see you! Dad

The Jorgensons said...

So cool! I wish I was there with you. Were Tim and Faith there?

karissa said...

I watched for you but didn't catch a glimpse! Your list of cool happenings just grows and grows...

Chris said...

Nashville seems to be a great place for you!

Steph said...

Wow! Almost the whole family posted...just missing Todd!! Tim and Faith were not there. I watched the awards again online and saw my face but only because I knew right where I was standing. Molly TIVO'd it so I can watch it again and slow down certain parts and find myself in the crowd :)
Missing you all so much and can't wait to be home.

Todd said...

Sorry--I just don't have anything nice to say when it comes to country music. I'm sure it was a great time.

Steph said...

Nice Todd. I still love you :)