Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm here!!


Sorry I haven't posted anything in the last few days but I've been busy getting moved in and starting classes. I really like my apartment and my roommate. As some of you know I was worried that she would have some freakish unicorn fettish or something! She seems completely normal and very nice :) My car has yet to arrive in Nashville which has left me driving an incredibly ghetto rental car. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. It will surely give you all a good laugh. I haven't explored around Nashville too much but I'll probably venture out this weekend. I've met some nice people, most of them in the nursing program. I had my first nursing class today and it was so much fun! It was my clinical which meets in our campus lab for the next few weeks and then we go the hospital and work with real people!! My clinical group will be on a med/surg floor at a hospital in Franklin. Today we learned how to make a hospital bed, give a bath, and safety stuff (gloves, gowns, goggles). I can't believe I am actually here. It still amazes me.
I'll take some pics around Nashville and maybe some of my lab. I love and miss all of you very much. I know some of you worried about how I would transition into this huge change. Know that I am honestly doing really well. The picture is the view from the parking lot at my apartment complex---downtown Nashville as the sun is going down.

7 comments:

Chris said...

I have to see that car!

Steph said...

I'll take a picture of it today!

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brendan said...

You go girl. we all have to make sacrifices, so you can live with the car i'm sure. congrats on the lack of unicorns in the apartment. what about all the other girlie stuff? hearts? lots of pink and purple? :-)

Steph said...

Brendan,
I should have my car next week so that will be very nice! She actually didn't have anything in the apartment so I have gotten to decorate everything. It looks really good. You would approve :)

Jon Sween said...

I'm in. Can't wait to see the car. Love and miss you terribly. I know you're in the right place. Curi says hi. Dad

Steph said...

Hi dad---congrats for joining the blog! I am impressed that you were able to do it all by yourself! That's progress :) Give the princess a snuggle for me. I'm gonna take some pictures of the car in a bit so you'll get to see what a giant piece of junk I'm driving!! Love you.