Wednesday, January 31, 2007

First clinical day!



Our first clinical went good. It wasn't as exciting as many of us anticipated but considering we don't know how to do too much that was probably safer for the patient!! We made beds, gave bed baths and did transfers among other basic tasks. I was lucky enough to be one of the three students who observed an in/out catheter insertion. Perhaps next time I'll be able to do one by myself. These are pictures of us girls in our stylish head to toe white uniforms!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Did you get to choose the color of your stethoscope? Because that Pink is pretty cool, I have to admit.

Steph said...

It is pretty cool, isn't it? It's the breast cancer awareness stethoscope. Hey, when you are wearing all white you have to accessorize!

Chris said...

I am pretty sure there is nothing "lucky" about a catheter insertion!

karissa said...

And do you make your bed at home every day like you make the hospital beds? Rylee picked out the toothpaste, just so you know...it wasn't a hint from me!

karissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon Sween said...

Steph, You look so cute in your duds. Sure am proud of you. Dad