Sunday, February 1, 2009

7 years

Well, today is February 1st. Some may say, "yes, it is. today is the first day of the month." This day holds much more meaning than simply being the first day of February. I have seven years clean and sober today. Each year that passes by I am overwhelmed and incredibly grateful that I am still sober. I am reminded of being in treatment where they told us most of us would either die from our addiction or never be able to stay sober. I am humbled to be one of the few who have. This next year will be one of challenges and major transitions, but I am excited to begin this new journey. Thank you to everyone who has supported me and helped me get to this day.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

You probally dont remmeber me, but I wanted to say congratulations! What a wonderful moment to hit 7 years sobrity. We are so proud of you. Congrats

karissa said...

Steph. Not many days go by without me being thankful and keenly aware that but for God's protection and your courage, you might not be around to share life with. I read recently in my journal a prayer for you from several years ago, that you would be an Auntie to my children that they could look up to.

You are. I love you.

Steph said...

Thank you, Karissa. You have no idea how much that means to me. It has been a long journey...

Chris said...

We are so proud of you Steph!

Chris said...

By the way, are you enjoying The Shack?

Anonymous said...

ahh has it really be seven years? It feels like six years was just the other day! Way to go, girl! I'm so proud of you and I'm praying for you..xxo