Thursday, January 31, 2008

Vanderbilt Lifeflight

Pretty sweet pic!!


Wilson Matthews (flight nurse). The stretcher is under the green bag and that's where the patient is during transport.






Looking so official!


That's my seat when we fly...right in the action, about a foot away from the patient!







Well, the ride-along didn't go exactly as I had anticipated but it was still cool! We had some crazy weather today- freezing rain, snow and low clouds. We got four calls during my shift but due to safety reasons couldn't fly...too dangerous. I still got to check out the helicopter which is AMAZING!! Tim Hurst and Wilson Matthews were the flight nurses I was with and they are really cool. I am being rescheduled to fly on another day...should know when sometime early next week. I am pretty excited to go again because they told me that they allow the riders to do as much as they are comfortable with...helping with transporting patients and other aspects of patient care- SWEET!! Enjoy these ground photos for now and know that there are more to come :)

6 comments:

karissa said...

The pics are great, glad you get to go again soon, sounds like that would be a very exciting nursing assignment, who knows!

Chris said...

Yes, that is certainly the way to nurse in style!

Chris said...

"those are great pictures."
- Rylee

Steph said...

I have been rescheduled for Feb. 21st and am just hoping the weather is good that day!!

Todd said...

Looks like it is going to be fun.

The Jorgensons said...

Bummer on the weather. I'll look forward to hearing about your next try. What dates are you home for spring break?