Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mom and Dad's visit!

The money shot! Dad let me start an IV on him and it was just perfect! He was a very good patient!


Hanging out in the acute care lab






#1 that lady is scaring looking
#2 there is actually a baby in there that will come out....seriously







Just another day saving lives....

















Belmont campus- in front of nursing building





Melinda Doolittle (3rd runner up for the last season of American Idol). Why did Belmont name a street after her? I ask myself that every time I walk by it...












Gorgeous downtown Nashville





The famous Lovelss cafe! Yum!
















Negative: I have not updated the blog in weeks, I have never been more stressed out than I've been in the last few weeks, the stress has caused me to get hives and they are a serious pain.
Positive: You will all be so excited to see new stuff on the blog, being up at midnight with hives tonight has given me the time to update the blog (slight negative), my stress is finally starting to get better and the semester is almost over!
The point of the compare and contrast....I am desperately trying to focus on the positive things in life and let the negatives pass right by :)
Ok. So, their visit was obviously extremely fun!! We did all kinds of exciting things around Nashville which you can see in all the fabulous pictures! I miss everyone from home so much right now but the semester is over in 4 weeks!!!! YEAH! Love you all.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Here is a nursing question for you. How old is the blood that you took from your 62 year old dad? It looks like you really gave them quite the tour. And yes, I must ask...just how does that baby come out of there?

Steph said...

Well, considering that the average RBC (red blood cell) lives for a 120 days and that over half of your blood is made up of RBC's I would venture to say that the age of Dad's blood (if I had drawn a sample) would range somewhere between 10 and 110 days.
Oh and that baby...it just heads straight thru the plastic birth canal with placenta attached!! It is pretty unreal!
Can't wait for my 50 cents!! Miss you guys tons and CANNOT wait to see you in just a few weeks!

Jon Sween said...

Sure was fun hanging out with you in Nashville. We're so proud of you. Since 60 is the new 40 I have very young blood and just was classified as superior health for a life insurance policy. Dad

karissa said...

Love you Steph, I know you are so busy, keep plugging along and we will keep looking forward to having you here!

Steph said...

Miss and love you all tons!! I will be home 3 weeks from tomorrow!! AMAZING!! :)

The Jorgensons said...

Can't wait to have you home. Keep working hard! :)