Monday, May 21, 2007

Nurse Stephanie

The unsuspecting patient: Maggie






Gloving up! Do I look a little too excited for this?







Withdrawing the medication







She doesn't have a clue what's coming!






The famous "flicking" of the needle. Very official looking :)


Here we go....deep breath for me. I was more nervous than Maggie!!













My sister Karissa got a puppy and when I found out Maggie needed a shot I said, "Oh my gosh, let me do it, I can totally do it, please, please let me give it to her!!" Needless to say she was happy to let me put my new nursing skills to good use. I've given an injection to a human but I was curious to see how it would go with a puppy. Maggie was an amazing patient and didn't move or make a sound when I gave her the shot. I have to say puppy skin is a little tougher than human skin so I had to use a little extra force! Also, my patients rarely have so much hair that it is difficult to see their skin!!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for doing that Steph!

karissa said...

Happy to report that your patient is well (along with Caleb whose wrist we thought was broken). Thanks for taking care of both of them!

Steph said...

It was my pleasure. I felt honored that you trusted them with me :)