Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Starting IV's!!!

My first successful IV start! The fluid was dripping out of the tubing, which means I made it in the vein!! YEAH!



Perfection!!





That nurse (Kelley) looks a little eager to give an IM injection!!

Rachel starting an IV!










Flushing the line with normal saline











Well, we FINALLY got to practice starting IV's on our dummies! I made it in on the first try but I'm sure it will be a different story when I am doing it on a real person :) It was a fun lab though! Miss and love you all very much!

4 comments:

karissa said...

I don't know, you may just have the touch. I'd let you start my IV anyday. Love to you from the city of brotherly love! We are enjoying the same heat you are living in right now. There is a dog convention here, rat terriers running the place, major yuck!

Steph said...

You are so much closer to me but still too far away!! Miss you tons. Have a great time at the wedding :)

Chris said...

Too bad you can't come on over to NC!

Steph said...

I wish!! It is painful to have you guys so close!!