Saturday, February 24, 2007

Books, books, books....



So, everyone has been bugging me about not posting on the blog. I hate posting without a picture and especially when I have nothing exciting to say! Here is a picture of what I'll be doing all weekend. The stack on top are notecards, all of which have to be memorized by Tuesday. Yes, I know it looks like tons of fun. I should tell ya'll that my hard work is paying off because my first 3 exams have been A's and B's!! For nursing school a B is considered very good due to how tough the program is. I have one more week until spring break and I cannot wait. My mom (along with grandma & grandpa Larson) are coming on Thursday which I'm so excited about. Then on Monday I leave for the Caribbean for the rest of the week. It is hard to believe that I am about 1/2 way through the semester. Every week goes by so fast and I am learning so much new information. Every clinical, lab and lecture makes me feel a little bit more like a nurse. When I was talking to my patient last week her phone rang and she told the person she'd have to call them back because she was talking to her nurse. Our instructors told us it doesn't really matter that our ID badges say student. Our patients see scrubs and stethoscope and they just think of us as their nurse. Clinicals are amazing and constantly remind me why I'm here.

3 comments:

karissa said...

Keep trucking, we are so proud of you. Rylee says "I love her and let's see and I would like to say I miss her and uhm let's see uh I want to send her a card I think that's all, let me think, say that she's gonna be a good nurse".

Chris said...

What a blessing to be able to serve those wonderful people!

Jon Sween said...

Wow! You are into major textbook stuff. God has so designed for what you're called to. I'm very proud of you. Dad