Monday, April 20, 2009

So long white scrubs!!




The Neuro ICU clinical group!







Our clinical instructor, Dino. He is such a good sport!!


















Oh, Douglas.












It is so crazy to think that these pictures represent my very last clinical!! I can remember those intro clinicals and how terrified I was to even walk into a patient's room. When I first started it seemed like graduation was so far off, but now here we are with graduation only weeks away. I loved my clinical in the neuro ICU and to top it all off, I had the sweetest patient this week! I told her she was my very last patient as a nursing student and that I couldn't have hoped for a better patient! She then told me that she couldn't have gotten a better student and that I was going to be an amazing nurse :) I learned SO much throughout all of my clinical rotations - - bed baths, vital signs, SQ injections, IV starts, IV fluids, NG tubes, titrating drips, intubation/extubation, post-mortem care, A-lines, EKG rhythms, PA caths, and the list could go on! I love that you all have been a part of those experiences and memories through the blog! Love you all so much. Oh, and one last thing - - NO MORE white scrubs!! I can't tell you how glorious it felt to take them off for the LAST time!!

2 comments:

karissa said...

Super exciting indeed. Still taking a break, just wanted to say hi and love the pics and can't wait to see you and it will be your big day before you know it and I can't wait to hear them call your name!!!!

Unknown said...

I am sooo proud of you Stephanie!! You have achieved so much. I agree with your last patient - you will be an AMAZING nurse!!